Saturday, October 4, 2008

Little Miss Maia Goes to the Fair

Last weekend was very exciting--I went with Mommy, Daddy, Babchi and Opa to the Big E! The Big E is also called the "Eastern States Exposition"--it's a big fair for all of New England (that's Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Maine for all of you back in the Midwest). See how much I'm learning?! While we're on explanations, maybe I should tell you that "Bapchi" is my Grandma Stock--she wants me to call her Babchi because that means Grandma in Polish. And Opa is my Grandpa Stock. Opa is German for "grandpa". I'm getting early lessons in multiculturalism over here.

So, anyway, last weekend we all drove up to Massachusetts for the fair. I want to show you what a good time we had!

Everybody was hungry when we got there, so I did some people watching while everybody else had lunch.
Mommy and Babchi had the Fair's famous baked potatoes. This is just one of the many yummy things at the Fair that I won't get to try until next year :(

We saw lots of animals at the Fair. First, we checked out the Budweiser Clydesdales (the dalmation from the commercial that makes Mommy cry was there too!) while Daddy had a beer in their honor.
Then we enjoyed some music from this strange trailer full of moving dolls.
It's not a fair without ponies...

...and of course we had to stop at the petting zoo. Mommy, Daddy, and Babchi fed the animals and made sure I didn't reach out and pull anybody's fur.

I was promised an elephant ride in a couple of years.



Daddy was super-excited when we stumbled upon the free concert by Esteban! Mommy and Daddy thought he only did commercials, not real concerts. His daughter played the fiddle in his band.

Who doesn't love a giant corn dog? We thought they were better to look at from far away...

Then it was time for the parade. It was raining so we had to huddle under the umbrella to watch.


Daddy's favorite part of the parade was this:

After the parade we went in search of the Fair's famous cream puffs. Even though I couldn't have any (really, is this fair?) I had a lot of fun watching them being made.




Mmmm...maybe I'll just pretend I'm eating a cream puff.

Nope, I'm pretty sure my fingers don't taste nearly as good. I can have one next year? Really?!

If you know anything about my Daddy, you know he can't pass up the Midway at the fair!
Lucky for me he doesn't quit until he wins a prize. Those carnies really love him.

I can't wait to go back to the Big E next year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Granpda Ken and I will have to plan a trip out there next fall so we can go, too!