Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Little Miss Maia Goes Campin'

Last weekend, Mommy and Daddy took me on a camping trip. We went to Salt Rock State Campground in Baltic, Connecticut - not too far from our house.

Mommy made sure no bugs got on me! (Really there weren't too many bugs around anyway).

I had fun hanging out in my stroller at the campsite.

Playing on a blanket under the trees...

I liked pounding on the table while the grownups waited to eat breakfast.

Bumbo in the forest!

I helped Daddy wake up (that is a HARD job).

And, I got to go swimming with Mommy!

Camping does sure wear a girl out. I took a nap in Mommy's lap while we waited for the rain to stop.

Later on we went for a "stroll" on the "foot path". Mommy said that the reason the "stroll" turned into an hour-long hike was because the campground map was SOOOO not to scale. She wished she hadn't worn flip-flops...sometimes the path got so bumpy that Mommy and Daddy had to pick up the stroller and carry me like the princess that I am. I fell asleep halfway through anyway.


So, when do we get to go camping again? I'm ready!

No comments: