Friday, May 16, 2008

Little Miss Maia goes for an airplane ride

This week I had a very big adventure! Mommy and Daddy took me on an airplane to visit Grandma Ellie and Grandpa Ritz and to finally meet my Aunt Maggie. Here's me and Mommy at the airport, getting ready to go.

First I had a snack and a cuddle with Mommy.

Then it was Daddy's turn for some cuddles.

It was my first time on a plane, so I made sure to follow along on my safety instruction card while the flight attendant talked.

I found out that the SkyMall catalog is a very good read!

Luckily, I didn't need to use the barf bag.

Instead, I pooped right through my clothes so Mommy and Daddy had to strip me down right there in their laps! And they thought I was going to make this easy for them...

Finally, we got to Illinois. Here I am with my Aunt Maggie!
I also got to meet my new friend Heide. I was jealous that she got to eat ham and peas at the table and drink from a sippy cup.

Later that night, I rolled over halfway all by myself. Two days later, I rolled over all the way for the first time!

I let Mommy dress me up all froo-froo because it was her first Mother's Day.
I tried very hard to be good at brunch, but I had a few grumpy moments.

Did you catch that face I made? It took a lot of work to contort my lips like that.

Here we are with Mommy's family.

Congratulations Aunt Maggie, who graduated from the University of Illinois! I sat through her whole graduation ceremony without crying.

This cool Very Hungry Caterpillar toy Grandma Ellie bought kept me entertained all weekend.

When we got back to Grandma and Grandpa's house, Daddy and I really needed a nap.

Daddy held my hand to help me sleep.

Good thing I rested, because then we had visitors. Here I am meeting my Great Grandpa Sonny for the first time. I really liked sitting in his lap.

The next day, we got to visit Mommy's office.

We also visited my Great Great Aunt Marge. I don't know how well she could see me but she still said I was super cute. Someone must have told her.

That night, Mommy, Grandma and Aunt Maggie left me with Daddy and Grandpa for a little while. When they got home, I was on the floor watching a show called American Idol. Grandma tried to pick me up but I got very angry and cried until she put me back where I could see the TV. See what happens when you let the boys babysit?

Before I knew it we were back on another airplane heading home.
What a fabulous adventure!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This adventure would make a great book! I love the pouty face - how priceless. Be sure GG Sonny gets a copy of that picture!!!

Anonymous said...

Great gramma Ritz says the pictures are so darling. And you catch such great moments. What an expressive little girl.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

What a cutie she is!!!!! Great photos!

I'll be sure that Aunt Marion here in Minnesota gets copies today.

Have a great summer and say 'hi' to your Mom, and the rest of your family.

-Pat Tschida