Wednesday, May 7, 2008

weekly adventures: 11 weeks

This week I started to notice that I can actually *grab* the bright fun things Mommy and Daddy wave at me and hang above me all the time. Not only that, but sometimes I can get them in my mouth, too! Here's a picture of me with this cool rattle toy that has a claw on one end (to attach to my crib or carseat or stroller) and on the other end lots of stuff that spins and makes noise. I was grabbing it but then Mommy got the camera out and I didn't feel like performing anymore. When daddy saw this toy it wasn't attached to anything and he got really excited and said "Maia got a CLAW toy?!?". But Mommy just laughed at him and told him that the claw was just for attaching, not for playing.

On weekends we all hang out in bed first thing in the morning, and Mommy and Daddy read books to me. Last weekend Daddy read me "The Tale of Mr. Jeremy Fisher" by Beatrix Potter. It was his favorite book when he was little. I like when Daddy reads to me because he makes lots of silly voices.

It's been very warm outside so Mommy has been taking me out for lots of walks. Don't I look cute in my stroller?I can ride sitting up in the stroller now because I can hold my head up a lot better than last month. See me here having tummy time? It's all fun and games until somebody spits up. That somebody is usually me.
Sometimes Mommy and Daddy put me in front of the mirror, and what do you know, but there's another baby in there! Today I smiled at the baby and the baby smiled right back at me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ohh SO cute!!! I can't WAIT to meet her! and see you both!!