Saturday, January 10, 2009

Little Miss Maia has a Merry Christmas, Part 2

OK, so where was I? Oh yeah, Chicago. We got lucky to make it home in between all the bad weather, and soon it was Christmas Eve. I was a good helper while Mommy wrapped the last of the presents. I had a good time playing with the wrapping paper tubes!

Mommy got me dressed in my Santa Baby dress so of course I puked on it right away. I don't think Mommy understands that I'm just trying to start a new holiday tradition. Anyway, I got cleaned up and then Mommy tried to pose me under the tree for some pictures but I was more interested in removing the weird mind-reading device they'd strapped to my head. What a coincidence that it should match my dress!

Then it was off to Bapcia and Opa's house for the Christmas Eve festivities.

I got to meet lots of new people.
And I made sure to check them all out very thoroughly.
I even got some presents!

Cousin Rebecca made me this bear and bib for my first Christmas!
When it was time for the Yankee Swap I was getting tired so I put my PJs on. I helped Auntie Paula decide not to keep the giant remote. After the Swap, we went home and went to bed to wait for Santa!
The next morning, we came downstairs to see what Santa brought! Well, actually, first Daddy had to go to work because the jerks at the phone company called him and told him they needed his help. So Mommy and I waited and then when he got home, we came downstairs to see what Santa brought.

I like to go right for the bows first.

I think it looked better on Daddy's nose.
Then, the paper comes off bit by bit. I need to wave each piece around in the air for a while.
What's inside? My first puzzle!
Another bow AND a box I can climb on!

I had a lot of fun with my "Glockentoddler" glockenspiel!
What could this one be?
It's a Ball Popper! I waited patiently while Daddy put it together. The box helped keep me occupied.
Whoa! Ball popping action! The best part is watching Mommy and Daddy chase the balls all over the room.
After opening presents, it was time to go to Great Grandma's house for Christmas dinner. I got to put on my fancy dress again.
I like to think I provided a little entertainment for everybody.

Finally, we went back to Bapcia and Opa's house to see what else Santa had left for me there. I got my very own rocking horse!
And, this cookie jar that sings to me when I put the pieces in or take them out. I really like this one!
How are Mommy and Daddy going to get all this stuff home? Oh well, that's not my job!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maia, I see your mom is very stylish in her new sweaters. SHE must have a very nice mom, too!