Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Progress Report: 11 months

Only one month to go before my first birthday--I'm 11 months old!

This month I really started getting around. I am crawling almost fast enough to catch the dog, and just fast enough to make it to the cats' water dish and splash my hand in a few times before Mommy catches me.I've also been working on using these leg things...turns out I can actually pull myself up on things and stand, who knew?!

That's me standing up in front of my karaoke center. It is still one of my favorite things to play with. I love dancing to the music and making faces at myself in the mirror.
I'll make music with pretty much anything you give me. I've got mad skills with the pot and spoons.Here's a picture of me and Daddy hanging out.
And here's a picture of me being tormented by Daddy. Well, not really, but he did put me on the floor like that just so he could take this funny picture of me in my big puffy snowsuit.
Of course, no Progress Report is complete with out the food update! I still love my broccoli pancakes--which you can see smeared all over my face in these pictures.


I keep surprising Mommy by eating almost anything she gives me. I've tried grilled cheese, pasta with sauce, mac & cheese with broccoli, fish sticks, cantaloupe, and cucumber. One time she tried to give me a veggie burger--I didn't like that very much! I love to eat veggies and my favorite is still peas.


Here's a picture of me on the day I turned 11 months old - January 20th. I was sick with a cold and a fever that day so I couldn't go to daycare. So Mommy and I got to hang out together, and since it was a special day she let me watch a little TV. It was a pretty good day, except for all the nose-wiping.

I'm learning so many new things every day. For one, I am getting better at pat-a-cake. Whenever Mommy says "let's do pat-a-cake" I start to clap. I also start to clap when says "do you want a pancake". Just covering all my bases. And, when we get to the part where we "roll it, roll it", I can roll my hands. Now I just need to learn what to do when we say "throw it in the oven" and I'll be a master!

Pointing. That's another thing I like to do a lot of. Point and say "dis". Point at the lights, point at the cup, point at the binky, point at the container of Puffs on the shelf that Mommy thought she hid but that I can still see even though there's a bunch of stuff in front of it.

See you next month!

No comments: