Friday, February 20, 2009

Little Miss Maia Turns One Year Old

Special guest post by Mommy!

Dear Punky,
A year ago tonight, we met you for the first time. Even after 9 months of waiting and preparing and hoping, I don't think we ever could have known how much you would turn our lives upside down in the very best way.

You have changed so much in your first year. During the first few days of your life, you wanted to sleep and sleep and sleep. I had to resort to (at the nurses' suggestion) putting cold washcloths on your face to wake you up and get you to eat. Thankfully you have kept up with being a sound sleeper, but these days you have no problem shoving fistfuls of food into your mouth as fast as possible.

I am still amazed by you, every single day. I would do pretty much anything to hear you laugh (and thankfully there is not yet any video proof of that)! I love watching your personality unfold and I'm so excited to see what else you have in store for me.





Happy first birthday, Punky! We love you thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis much. And more.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

a very happy happy, miss thang! you are so loved!