Tuesday, April 15, 2008

"First of all, everything's OK"


visiting the ER, originally uploaded by sarah~stock.

"First of all, everything's OK." That's how Mommy had to start the phone call to Grandma Ellie this morning to tell her what happened to me last night. I was feeling fine except for all this gunk stuck in my nose, but Mommy found out that I had a fever so the doctor said we had to go to the emergency room because I'm so little.

Everyone at the ER was very nice to me, even when they had to poke me and collect my bodily fluids. I cried hardest when Daddy had to hold my arms so they could take pictures of my insides. Getting my blood taken wasn't so bad because I got to have some sugar water while they were doing it. In the picture you can see where they taped the catheter to my hand.

Next time I get to stay up that late I hope it's for a party instead. Can I get the sugar water again without the needles?

P.S. I feel better today. No more fever!

4 comments:

Mary Beth said...

Next time, Maia, stick to the fabulous adventures, OK? I'm glad you're feeling better now!

rowboat said...

Poor little dolly! I am glad you are doing fine and that your parents are recovering from the trauma. Nice taking pictures in the ER! Ahhh...the creative things that happen to the first baby! She is darling, just darling1

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of the picture of Sarah as a toddler with her hand all bandaged up after falling into the BBQ grill while living in Hayama Bay.

Dad looks like he's the one with the "owee."

Love from the Grandpa Ritz

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwwwwww.....sooo pathetic!!! poor girl! glad shes doing better.
-heather @ babyfit